Alright…I just got a brand new laptop and had some technical difficulties this weekend thus I’m late on posting this for you.
But it’s Fabulous Friday, a time to focus on my portrait clients. This week, I have some posing advice for you. But don’t worry! When you come into the studio I will direct you and make sure you look your best in your photographs.
1. Keep your chin forward and down. This will help get rid of our double chins. I’ll be sure to shoot at or just above your eye level so that I can get a better slimming effect.
2. The “faux” waist, otherwise known as your Covergirl shot! Placing your hands just above your natural waist line towards the center of your abdomen creates the illusion of a narrower waist.
3. Work your shoulders! Dropping your shoulders and keeping your elbows back will make you taller and you won’t look hunched over. When you work your shoulders it will give your photograph more movement (one shoulder closer to the camera than the other.
4. Ballet hands. Keep your fingers straight, together, and relaxed rather than stiff and clawing a part of your body.
5. Push your hips back (away from the camera). Anything that is closer to the camera is going to appear larger.
6. Relax and have fun! Allowing yourself to relax and connect with your photographer shows through on camera. Smile with your eyes.
1. Stand with your feet should width apart. This stance is more masculine.
2. Find something to do with your hands. Whether you put them in your pockets, you’re holding a lapel or crossing your arms, give them a purpose.
3. Take a breath in right before the shot. Your chest will appear larger.
I hope these quick tips helped! Fun part is, you can use these in everyday pictures you take as well. Share these tips with your friends and you’ll all look fabulous.
Want more posing tips? Check out 52 Selfies with Monique to get some tips and tricks on how to take your best selfie.
Like my page on Facebook: Monique Cara Photography
Follow me on Instagram: @monique.cara
Read more fun content on my blog!
As always, I appreciate you taking some time out of your day to spend with me. Click here for a token of my appreciation.