Oh man! This week is all about some of my favorite things on the wedding day: DETAILS!
If you're newly engaged and planning your wedding, you are probably becoming overwhelmed with how many things you have to think about: the venue, the date, the cake, the dress and now, the details!
Wedding details add so much to the day. Whether it's a gorgeous wedding ring, elegant stationary, hand-written calligraphy, flower bouquets, cute cake servers, sparkling hair pieces, or beautiful reception tables they all provide that wow factor. My most favorite wedding details are those that are most important to you. I swoon over an old locket tied around your bouquet, your new wedding ring, borrowing your mother's jewelry, or part of your Dad's blue shirt sewn as a heart into your wedding dress. I get joyfully teary eyed just thinking about it.
Well, I'm hear to make your wedding planning just a bit easier. I've laid out some of the most important details of your wedding day and ideas to make your whole wedding day come together.
Let's start when you first drive up to the venue.
- Weddings signs: Your guests will love you if you put up some cute weddings signs that help them find their way to your venue, especially if it is difficult to find. Designing them with your theme in mind: elegant, rustic, cute, or bright will set the tone for the day.
Next, you want to think about them taking their seat.
- Wedding Programs: Depending on your denomination, some guests will not the the traditions of your marriage. This is a great way to educate them where you can lay out your ceremony events. You could make them more fun and entertaining by adding some fun facts about you and your new spouse. Programs are also the best place to add thank yous and that you wish to have an unplugged wedding (who wants that signature kissing shot with a guest right in the middle of it take a cell phone shot?).
Now it's time to celebrate!
- Ceremony Departures: This can be really fun! Butterflies, doves, flower petals, ribbon sticks, confetti, even paper airplanes! This gives your guests a chance to be involved and get some really great photos!
- Reception Escort Cards/Favors: Make your guests feel special and save them from the pressure of having to find a seat. Whether it's a favor turned escort card or elegantly calligraphed seating cards, small ribbon tied flowers, or pinned up on a board, whichever you choose it'll be perfect. It's a fun way to tie in your theme that you set at the beginning of the day with your signs.
- Guest book or frame or polaroids: Leaving out something for your guests to sign, celebrate, or leave advice allows them again, to participate in your day and celebrate your love. Whatever you decide this is a great heirloom for you to keep throughout your marriage and reflect back on throughout your life.
I hope this helps you to ease a bit of stress during your wedding planning. The great thing about wedding details is they can be simple or detailed as you'd like!
I'd love to hear what you decided, help you if you have questions or if you have more ideas, leave them in the comments below!
Follow me on Instagram: @monique.cara
Like my page on Facebook: Monique Cara Photography
Join me in a fun personal project this year: 52 Selfies with Monique
Read more fun content on my blog!
As always, thank you for taking the time to be here.